Just before viewing "Shark Evening 3D", I really considered it was a sequel to "Pirahna 3D" because each are horror films about killer fish and each are in 3D. But hey, perhaps I just have to have to take my movie joyful pills. Then once more, people who think that are most likely the same stupid people who Gas chainsaws think "Land of the Dead" is the sequel to the remake of "Dawn of the Dead", you know, like people who are also lazy to do their own film investigate.
Anyway, "Shark Evening 3D" can make "Deep Blue Sea" appear like "Citizen Kane". Speaking of "Deep Blue Sea", I was upset to discover that "Shark Evening 3D" made use of stock footage from that film in the opening titles a lot more especially, the scene where the shark pops out of the water and eats LL Cool J's pet bird. Mind you, this sequence is accompanied by an immature rock n' roll soundtrack with ADHD editing.
Soon immediately after that comes the to start with attack in which there is zero establish-up or anticipation, then we leap to a couple of school roommates, 1 of whom is enjoying Xbox 360 even though the other 1 is busy studying. Oh God, now I know what I will have to endure for the up coming hour and a half.
In quick, "Shark Evening 3D" is about a bunch of idiotic school young children who cross paths with some villainous rednecks who trap them on a lake filled with a wide assortment of killer sharks that they've collected above the years. This sounds a bit like an aquatic edition of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre".
Is "Shark Evening 3D" an interesting film? Does it do anything in a different way? If you actually really feel the have to have to inquire those types of issues immediately after just viewing the trailer alone, I really feel sorry for you. Nonetheless, the response is no. "Shark Evening 3D" is absolutely nothing but filler/fluff to assistance fill in the blank slots on Hollywood's uninteresting 2011 routine.
Cliche Evening 3D
The most significant problem that bulges out of this crap-fest of a movie is the cast of characters. They are all stereotypes whom we've all noticed before. Allow me see if I can checklist all of them here:
- Jock guy
- Nerdy guy
- Slutty lady
- Excellent lady
- Comic relief guy
- Best friend guy
- A full bunch of rednecks
- And last but not least, let us not forget the black guy with the Spanish girlfriend -- Can we get any a lot more "Computer" than this?
Oh wait, there is a lot more:
- The lousy guy explains his program in detail as opposed to just killing his victim.
- The ladies are borderline prostitutes even though the boys are obsessed with obtaining drunk and bump n' grinding.
- The sheriff character turns out to be on the same side as the lousy guys.
Oh, I have a headache, I cannot proceed with these stereotypes!
Random Things That Make No Sense
- You have to admit, it can be pretty interesting that this film was manufactured as opposed to the extended-awaited film adaptation of "MEG" -- A series of Steve Alten novels surrounding a enormous ancient shark acknowledged as the megalodon, which was considered to be extinct. This movie has been in advancement hell considering that 1997, but all of a sudden, "Shark Evening 3D" will get the go-ahead rather?